How to: Coca Cola CupcakesPosted: July 10, 2012
After seeing these cupcakes at acozykitchen, I just had to my “better half” to make em. And trust me, even the harshest of cupcake critics I know, absolutely loved them. These delicious cupcakes became our “speciality” item to bring along with us whenever we go to visit. They are mouth wateringly good and not too sweet nor heavy. These cupcakes have the perfect texture along with the whip cream frosting that makes it a perfect combination. TOTAL KILLER! We can’t wait to hear and see you all try this one out. Who ever said coca cola can’t be used for baking ?! Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to purchase and good luck!
2 cups Coca-cola (do not use diet, it will NOT turn out the same)
1 cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream
4 tablespoons of powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Handful of Hershey’s Skor bites
**This recipe makes 18 cupcakes
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F (162 C) and line your muffin tray.
2. In a small saucepan, warm up the Coca-cola, cocoa powder, butter, white sugar and brown sugar over low-medium heat until the mixture is completely melted (stir constantly). Remove the mixture from the heat, set it aside and let it cool.
3. Once the mixture is slightly cooled…in a small bowl, gently whisk the eggs and whisk the egg mixture into the cola mixture until combined
4. In a large bowl, whisk and sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gently fold the flour mixture into the cocoa mixture. The batter will be slightly lumpy–do not over-beat, b/c it will make the texture of the cake be tough (we do not want that!)
5. Pour the batter into the muffin tin and bake for roughly 20 minutes in total, remember to rotate the pan at 10 minutes,
* to ensure the cupcakes are baked thoroughly, insert a small skewer into the cake…if it comes out clean, you are good to go! Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. In a medium bowl, beat whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until medium peaks form. Transfer the frosting into a piping bag and pipe away in a circular motion.
7. Sprinkle on some Skor bites and enjoy!
…sharing this ideas at the following fabulous parties: