How to: Ombre FlatwarePosted: July 27, 2012
Summer is here and the weather is amazing! We’re planning on hosting a going away party for a friend and wanted to do something extra special. I was skimming through articles on for outdoor patio and dining ideas and came across an Amazing arrangement by pottery barn. It’s a great look, perfect for the kind of atmosphere we were looking to achieve for our going away party.
We saw this fantastic idea from two delighted and wanted to try it out! This idea is perfect for a cute and fun garden party or even as everyday flatware…it’ll make your meal even more better looking.
Here’s a list of items we used:
– Flatware (forks, spoons, knifes)
– Finishing spray
– Acrylic Paint (any color paint and white paint)
– Painter’s tape
– Paint brush/sponge
– Sanding paper (optional)
4. Take the original base color and add a little amount of white into your color and you’ll see it turn slightly lighter and more pastel (that’s exactly what we want)
5. Dab your paintbrush/sponge into the “new” and light color and painted onto the 2/3 of the rest of the flatware
6. Using the paint from step #4, add a little bit more white paint to get the paint to be even lighter
7. Repeat the process, dab the paint with brush/sponge and paint the remaining of the top of the flatware, add a touch of gold like we did if you want to 🙂
Adorable right?! We love it 🙂
…sharing this ideas at the following fabulous parties: