How to: Decorate chopsticksPosted: July 31, 2012
Sarah has been on a “making everything colorful” craze (like what we posted on Friday on ‘How to: Ombre Flatware‘) upgrading the awesomeness of our house. At first, I thought she’s nuts. But the more I look at them, the more I like em’. Gotta hand it to her, when it come’s to decor, she really hits the nail right on the head.
1. Tape your chopsticks
2. Apply a layer of gold paint on 1/3 of the section where you taped off, let it dry slightly
3. Repeat step #2 until you get the desired gold color (it may need couple of coats, I did 3 coats)
4. Paint another bright color on to the remaining 2/3 of the chopsticks, let it dry slight
5. Repeat step #4 until you get the desired color (again, I did 3 coats of fuchsia)
6. Lastly, once step #4 and #5 are done and completely dry use the painters tape to tape off part of the fuchsia so that you can paint a layer of gold color
7. To finish the project, use finishing spray and let it dry completely and you are good to go!
SO, what do you think? Turn something from ordinary to EXTRAORDINARY! 🙂