How to: D.I.Y glitter mason jarPosted: October 12, 2012
A couple of months ago, we came across a post about how to make your own glitter vase on The sweetest occasion’s blog. This is one of our favorite blogs for great inspirations; all different kinds of parties, celebrations, weddings, styled shoots. Once you’re on the site, you’ll be glued on the chair for at least a couple of hours. The idea of a glitter mason jar is just brilliant! It adds a lot of drama, prettiness and texture to just a normal mason jar. Since we have a few small mason jars just lying around the house, I thought it would be perfect for my grandma’s 85th birthday bash (see inspiration board here) . If you want to achieve this look, keep reading and we’ll show you how it’s done 🙂 !
1. Make sure all your mason jars are nice and clean
2. Once your mason jars are clean, spray a base color onto the jar, it doesn’t have to be ‘perfect’ b/c the jar will be covered in glitter anyway (in my case, I used the same spray paint from here)
3. In an area you are comfortable with making a mess in, apply a glitter glue to a small section of the jar.
4. Sprinkle the glue covered section on the jar with glitter, repeat this step until the whole jar is covered in glitter. (Please use a generous amount of glitter on the jar, you don’t want to see any missed spots!)
5. Finally, use a finishing spray on the jar (this ensures that all the glitter will stick onto the jar)
That’s it! Hope you guys will try this fabulous and EASY glitter mason jar idea 🙂 Let us know how yours turns out!